Save the Date: September 17-October 1, 2022
Join us for our second Annual Cheetah Fit Challenge, where you’ll keep fit for cheetahs by walking, running, biking, golfing…or any activity you like…while raising awareness and funds for cheetah conservation.
Our goal this year is to raise $20,000 and all of those funds will be sent to Cheetah Conservation Fund in Somaliland where the CCF Team is caring for 90+ cheetahs rescued from the illegal pet trade.
We are now finalizing the details of the challenge, and are looking for your help with the following:
– Matching donors: we are looking for 4 individuals or businesses to match funds up to $2,500 each.
– Volunteers: help us to organize and promote this event in your community.
– Participants: registration ($30) will open in early August, and we ask that you set a goal and approach friends and families to sponsor your activity by donating to Cheetah Conservation Fund Canada through the CanadaHelps.org donation platform. Each registrant will receive a t-shirt with our fabulous new logo!
If you’re interested in helping or participating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About the Illegal Pet Trade
In 2016, CCF opened a facility in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland, to house and care for cheetah cubs that have been rescued from poachers. It’s a good news/bad news story:
- good in that the Somaliland government is working hard to crack down on the illegal pet trade
- good that more cheetahs are being rescued, however
- bad as there seems to be a never-ending flow of trafficked cheetahs through Somaliland.
Under the leadership of Dr. Marker and the team at CCF in Somaliland, more than 90 cheetah cubs are now housed and cared for in that facility. All donations received from the Cheetah Fit Challenge 2022 will be used to offset the costs of the expanding facility there.