As CCF’s 30th anniversary comes to a close, we’ve assembled several links that will provide you a great overview of CCF over these three decades, introductions to CCF’s staff, what made the news in 2020, and online learning tools that are now available. We hope you’ll enjoy it.
Leading the World on Cheetah Conservation: 30 Years in the Making
Timeline of CCF – 30 Years of Frontline Conservation
Watch Dr. Marker’s highlights as she takes you on a tour of CCF’s headquarters introducing you to all the staff that make CCF’s work possible.
Illegal Wildlife Trade
- NBCTV – Today Show – Meet the woman fighting to save endangered cheetahs from extinction
- CNN Inside Africa: Namibia’s Cheetah Laboratory
- CNN: The ultra-rich are illegally buying cheetahs as pets and it’s leading to their extinction
- Somaliland Government Breaks Up Cub Smuggling Ring
Here are some of CCF’s recent online educational materials:
- Distance learning that focuses on environmental education. There is a parent/student login route and a teacher login route. Edmodo instructions are here
- VoiceThreads from CCF Staff for people, not necessarily in school but who want to learn and have the opportunity to interact with the presentations, click here.
- CCF’s Teacher’s Resource Guide on the Cheetah: A Predator’s Role in the Ecosystem and also on Edmodo Online Learning on various aspects.
July 14, 2021The Cheetah’s Survival in a Competitive Environment
May 21, 2021B2Gold Supports Human-Wildlife Conflict Measures
October 15, 2020CCF updates from Dr. Laurie Marker (Part Two)