Over the last century, more than 92% of the world’s wild cheetah population has disappeared. With fewer than 7,100 left in the wild, the cheetah is officially the most endangered big cat in Africa. Habitat destruction, poaching, illegal trade, and human-wildlife conflict are all pushing this icon of the African landscape closer to extinction.
We are dedicated to saving cheetahs in the wild, but we cannot do it alone. By adopting a cheetah with CCF UK, for as little as £3 per month, you can help fund vital conservation efforts to protect the world’s last remaining cheetahs.
Every adoption is vital. Every adoption provides us with more tools to safeguard cheetahs from extinction. Please, if you can, adopt a cheetah today.
Due to international postage fees, adoptions are currently only available for delivery within the UK. If you adopt a cheetah after the 18th December 2023 there is no guarantee that it will arrive prior to Christmas Day. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
What’s included in my cheetah adoption?
As a cheetah adopter, not only will you be funding vital conservation work, but you will also receive an exclusive CCF UK adoption pack, including a species factsheet, glossy photo, and soft cheetah toy. You will also be added to our update list keeping you informed on how your support is making a difference to cheetahs in the wild. The perfect gift for any cheetah lover.
Exclusive CCF UK Adoption Pack
Adoptions last one year (those paid monthly by direct debit roll over until cancelled). To cancel contact email@example.com
If you’d prefer not to set up a direct debit you can make a one-off payment of just £36 to receive an adoption pack, offering a full year of support.
How your cheetah adoption will help?
CCF’s work, which is only possibly thanks to the generosity of supporters like you, continues to provide hope for wild cheetah populations. Your adoption will help protect cheetahs by:
- Our Holistic Conservation Strategy is the key to success in saving the cheetah and their ecosystem. We work to develop best practices that benefit the entire ecosystem upon which the cheetah depends. CCF’s programmes address the concerns for wildlife populations and the human communities that share the same landscape.
- Environmental Education is vital to CCF’s mission. Our research shows that public education will help ensure a future for the species in the wild. The development of national pride and international concern for the cheetah are critical to the species survival. In order to reach the widest audience possible, CCF educates farmers, teachers, school children, scientists and the public about methods to conserve biodiversity. Special emphasis is placed on the role of the cheetah and other predators in healthy ecosystems.
- Scientific Research is the backbone of CCF’s education and conservation activities. CCF’s scientific research on cheetahs focuses on a number of aspects of the cheetah’s life cycle, biology and genetics. Research projects also include ecology, human-wildlife conflict, agriculture, and biomass energy.
- Combating the illegal wildlife trade. Every year, up to 300 cheetah cubs are taken from the wild, to be illegally sold as pets. Not only is this no life for a wild animal, but this trade is also decimating wild cheetah populations in the Horn of Africa. To combat this trade, CCF works closely with governments and NGOs in this region to reduce both the supply and demand for illegal wildlife pets. CCF also works closely with the Somaliland’s Ministry of Environment & Climate Change aiding in investigations and rescue missions. Those cubs which are fortunate enough to survive are given lifetime care at the CCF Cheetah Rescue and Conservation Centre in Somaliland
Adopting a cheetah as a gift?
These adoption packs make great gifts for all animal lovers. There are two options below.
- Simply fill out the adoption form and select ‘In honour’ option and add the recipients details. If you want the pack sent directly to the recipient, please put their address in the delivery address.
- If you’d like to present the adoption to the recipient, complete the adoption form with their name, but use your postal address. The pack will then be sent directly to you. You can then contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to update the recipients address once the adoption has been given.
How to adopt a cheetah with CCF UK
Step 1: Select the amount you want to pay by Direct Debit each month: £3, £5 or £10 or if you prefer a one-off payment you can choose to donate any amount from £36
Step 2: Fill out your adoption details. If it is a gift please refer to the ‘adopting a cheetah as a gift?’ section on this page, before entering details.
Step 3: Compete your billing & delivery details
Step 4: Enter your payment details.
Step 5: Welcome to our community of cheetah lovers, dedicated to protecting wild cheetahs.
Adoption pack delivery information
We will process and send your order within 5 working days for delivery in UK mainland, Isle of Man / Channel Islands/ Northern Ireland / Scottish Highlands please expect longer delivery times. All UK orders are sent via Royal Mail 2nd class signed for. Please note – we cannot provide orders for delivery on a specific date.
If you provide an email you will receive a Royal Mail Tracking confirmation so you can monitor the progress of your order.
If for any reason you need to return the adoption pack, they can be sent to: CF, c/o Unit 4 White House Farm, Green Lane, Maidstone ME17 3ES – it can be a small label on the back.