If you’ve got fundraising experience and have a passion for wildlife conservation, this could be the perfect role for you!
Cheetah Conservation Fund UK works to create awareness about the declining cheetah population, celebrating the cheetah as a species, and raising funds that are sent directly to the CCF Headquarters in Namibia and CCF Somaliland to support their crucial conservation work.
CCF’s holistic conservation strategy is the key to success in saving the cheetah and its ecosystem. With CCF working to develop best practices that benefit the entire ecosystem upon which the cheetah depends, designing programmes which aim to specifically address the concerns for wildlife populations and the human communities that share the landscape.
We have an ambition to scale up our activities, reach more people, raise more funds, and increase our positive impact in the UK with the role of Individual Giving Consultant central to support the expansion of our fundraising efforts.
As our Individual Giving Consultant you will help to develop and deliver a new direct marketing programme to generate income from new and existing individual supporters. This will include individual giving appeals and related community fundraising activities, responsibility for planning and delivering such activities across a range of income streams, including cash appeals, regular giving and digital, and in developing Supporter Care programmes, cheetah sponsorship activities, community fundraising activity and volunteering.
You will work closely with our Consultant Development Director and Social Media Consultant and be part of a small consultancy team who support the work of Cheetah Conservation Fund UK. You will need to demonstrate a real passion, energy and aptitude for creating compelling fundraising stories. You will work with the wider CCF affiliate teams, primarily with the CCF US team to translate these into effective communications and supporter journeys and you will bring experience of tailoring messages to suit different audiences so that you can help us engage new supporters, as well as steward and grow income from existing audiences.
In order to achieve all of this you will need to demonstrate previous fundraising experience and success in driving income forward, be highly organised and have a proven track record in direct marketing activities across a range of channels, including digital. You will also be confident working with data, with the necessary know-how to devise robust tests, draft accurate data briefs, and deliver insightful ‘end of campaign’ evaluation reports.
Consultancy Brief Overview
Brief: To maximise acquisition of new supporters and development of existing supporters to grow income, through planning and implementing a wide range of direct marketing approaches, across multiple income streams, via a diverse range of media channels and platforms including digital.
The Individual Giving Consultant will be responsible to the CCF UK Board of Trustees for the advice and support they give, working closely with the CCF UK consultancy team. There will be a nominated Trustee who will act as the point of contact for this work.
Scope of the Consultancy:
- Provide advice and guidance and share expertise and knowledge of Individual Giving fundraising with the UK team and teams in other CCF locations worldwide.
- Act as the first point of contact for enquiries relating to Individual Giving, Community fundraising activities and for fundraising volunteers
- Support the Consultant Development Director in achieving annual fundraising targets for CCF UK.
Analyse and manage data to ensure the right targets and potential new audiences are identified for all acquisition, stewardship, conversion or lead generation campaigns.
Plan and manage multiple online and offline projects from start to finish, keeping activity on schedule and within budget.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure opportunities are maximised and fundraising asks are developed effectively.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally and ensure all work is well communicated.
- Support analysis of results to determine effectiveness of campaigns and to inform future strategy.
- Proactively communicate to CCF UK team and CCF teams worldwide on activity developments.
Consultancy Selection criteria – what you need to undertake this Consultancy brief:
- Evidence previous experience of working for or on behalf of a not-for-profit organisation(s)
- Evidence a palpable passion, personal commitment, and an interest in the work of CCF UK.
- Demonstrate experience of developing and implementing supporter acquisition and/or retention
- Possess a proven track record in planning and delivering successful direct marketing activities across a range of channels, including print, digital and social media, often working to tight deadlines.
Evidence knowledge of creative development processes (copy and artwork) and print and production processes for online/offline communications.
- Evidence good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messaging for different audiences.
- Evidence experience of using databases and/or briefing database teams to provide data selections, segmentation and results analysis.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the Code of Fundraising Practice and other relevant sector regulations.
- Evidence experience of working with third party suppliers/agencies and managing ‘day to day’ relationship with care and professionalism.
- Possess some experience working with and organising volunteers.
- Evidence the capacity to be a proactive team player with a positive and flexible approach to team working
- Possess strong numeracy skills, IT skills and ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint effectively.
Consultancy Contract Period: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Day Rate: £200 per day for 8 days a month, 96 days over the first 12-month period
Please send a full CV and a supporting statement illustrating how you meet the consultancy brief and the approach that you would take in undertaking this consultancy to Dr Jane Galton, Trustee CCF UK and CCF USA