Check this page often for updates and new events added to our tours.
International Cheetah Day
December 4 @ 12:01 am - 11:59 pm
December 4th is International Cheetah Day
Developed to generate awareness for the cheetah — Africa’s most endangered big cat — events will happen worldwide with groups and individuals hosting activities to inspire people of all ages to celebrate this feline icon of speed and grace. International Cheetah Day is also intended to educate young learners about the species’ plight through school projects and zoo talks, as well as inspire entire families to get involved with conservation efforts.
International Cheetah Day serves to remind us that the cheetah, like all wildlife, is a treasure of our planet and its survival depends on human conservation action. The fate of cheetahs rests with us and the next generation. The species has survived more than three million years through the Ice Age and a genetic bottleneck, only to have its numbers decimated by almost 90 percent in the last century. Unless we act now, we may lose the cheetah during our lifetimes.
Here are some things you can do to help CCF celebrate International Cheetah Day on December 4th:
- Participate in one of the ICD events listed on internationalcheetahday.org.
- Wear something cheetah print and wish everyone you meet a very “Happy International Cheetah Day!”.
- Get yourself a Save The Cheetah International Cheetah Day shirt from our Bonfire fundraising campaign.
- For teachers, parents and zoos! You don’t have to come up with your own lesson plans to celebrate ICD with your students. You can get our NEW 4th Edition of A Predator’s Role In The Ecosystem for just $25. This tax-deductible donation gets you CCF’s comprehensive 284 page resource book with easy to use activities designed to help students learn about the importance of predators. Contact email@example.com to get your copy.
- For teachers, parents, and zoos part 2! Download our Conservation Passport designed by CCF Namibia’s education staff. When you finish print out your Certificate of Cheetah Achievement! Available on www.internationalcheetahday.org
- Join the conversation on Twitter by using hashtags #Loud4Cheetahs, #SaveTheCheetah, & #IntlCheetahDay. Use our Tweet Sheet to send tweets simply and easily. Just log in to your Twitter account and then open the Tweet Sheet. Click the TWEET button to the left to instantly post to your Twitter page.
- Share a cheetah image on your social media profile for the day, week or month. Choose from the options on www.internationalcheetahday.org
- Watch and share this special International Cheetah Day video message from Jeff Corwin.
- Visit the places where cheetahs live. Visit a zoo on December 4th or make a plan to visit Africa (many conservation organizations gladly accept volunteers and interns). There are conservation organizations working in research facilities, around the world and in the field, to help save the cheetah. They need YOUR help, so please consider making a donation to one of the organizations that is making a difference TODAY!
And remember ……the cheetah needs your help not just on December 4th, but every day of the year!
The world’s fastest land animal is racing against extinction. Help us win the race!
Banner photo by Chris Johns