Cheetahs – Biology and Conservation
Published by Elsevier, this 7.5″ x 9.25″, hardback textbook is 500 pages of the most comprehensive information to date, on the cheetah and the problems they face in the wild.
- Contains contributions written by the world’s leading cheetah researchers and practitioners, focused on this high-profile species of conservation concern
- Presents the latest in cheetah research and conservation efforts globally, furthering range-wide conservation plans for the cheetah in the wild, and best practice for their management in captivity
- Includes contributions from a variety of disciplinary perspectives, ranging from genetics, ecology/behavior to large landscape conservation, policy, and the impact of climate change
- Helps lay a foundation for the cheetah community worldwide by assembling current knowledge of the species and making it available not only to cheetah researchers and conservationists, but also to policy makers, business leaders, zoo managers, academics, students, and people interested in the cheetah and it’s future
The book will be released in November 2017.
Cheetahs – Biology and Conservation edited by: Laurie Marker Founder/Executive Director, Cheetah Conservation Fund, Otjiwarongo, Namibia and Alexandria, VA, USA; Lorraine K. Boast Research Associate, Cheetah Conservation Botswana; Anne Schmidt-Küntzel, Assistant Director for Animal Health and Research, Cheetah Conservation Fund, Otjiwarongo, Namibia. Series Editor – Philip J. Nyhus Environmental Studies Program, Colby College, Waterville, ME, USA
CCF’s self-published books are high-quality, beautiful and informative. CCF’s Founder and Executive Director, Dr. Laurie Marker teamed-up with photographers and illustrators to create the publications below. These professionally bound books make great gifts and significant portion of the purchase prices goes to support Cheetah Conservation Fund!
Cheetahs: A Celebration of Speed and Elegance
Dr. Marker and Suzi Eszterhas have teamed up again to revisit the cheetahs from their beautiful book A Future for Cheetahs. This gift book features beautiful images from wildlife photographer Suzi Eszterhas paired with cheetah facts from Dr. Laurie Marker. View sample pages
Special introductory price $20.00 includes shipping and handling.
- full color photography
- 112 pages in a landscape, hard-cover 7.5″ x 5.5″ format
Dr. Marker and Illustrator Jessie Jordan brought their knowledge and talent together to create Chewbaaka, a beautiful illustrated kids’ book about the life and legacy of CCF’s most famous cheetah ambassador. View sample pages
Cover price $18.95
with contiguous US shipping and handling: $21.95
with Alaska/Hawaii and international shipping and handling: $28.95
- full color illustrations, printed on recycled paper
- 28 pages in a landscape, soft-cover format
A Future for Cheetahs
Dr. Marker and noted wildlife photographer Suzi Eszterhas have teamed up to bring you the most intimate portrait yet of the world’s fastest land animal, the cheetah in their upcoming book, “A Future For Cheetahs”. For the first time, Dr. Marker shares the story of the cheetah’s race against extinction, illustrated with some of the rarest and most beautiful images yet of the wild cheetah. View sample pages.
Cover price: $45
with US shipping and handling: $49.95
with international shipping and handling: $67.95
- Glossy, full color images
- 208 pages in an attractive 10″ x 8″ hardcover format
Over the last five years, CCF supporter and board member Mark Segal has traveled to various cheetah research and conservation centers, in an effort to show the beauty of this magnificent predator and to draw awareness to its endangered state in the wild. Known for his moody and emotional portraits and fashion work, Mark Segal takes a personal approach to photographing nature―employing a vision that differs distinctly from most wildlife photographers.
The images collected in this monograph, designed by Fabien Baron, stand at a waypoint in Segal’s elusive and ongoing odyssey toward a deeper understanding of this regal feline and the mysterious hold it has on him. His wish is that viewers will be captivated as he is by the beauty of the cheetah and will recognize the imperative to protect the animal and ensure its survival on our planet. View sample pages.
Cover price: $120 (Special CCF price: $80)
with US shipping and handling: $85.00
with international shipping and handling: TBD
- Black and white photography and text with special fold-out pages
- 240 pages in a landscape hard-cover 14.2″ by 9.8″ format.