Cheetahs – Biology and Conservation
Published by Elsevier, this 7.5″ x 9.25″, hardback textbook is 500 pages of the most comprehensive information to date, on the cheetah and the problems they face in the wild. The book is available now for pre-sale.
- Contains contributions written by the world’s leading cheetah researchers and practitioners, focused on this high-profile species of conservation concern
- Presents the latest in cheetah research and conservation efforts globally, furthering range-wide conservation plans for the cheetah in the wild, and best practice for their management in captivity
- Includes contributions from a variety of disciplinary perspectives, ranging from genetics, ecology/behavior to large landscape conservation, policy, and the impact of climate change
- Helps lay a foundation for the cheetah community worldwide by assembling current knowledge of the species and making it available not only to cheetah researchers and conservationists, but also to policy makers, business leaders, zoo managers, academics, students, and people interested in the cheetah and it’s future
The book will be released in November 2017.
Cheetahs – Biology and Conservation edited by: Laurie Marker Founder/Executive Director, Cheetah Conservation Fund, Otjiwarongo, Namibia and Alexandria, VA, USA; Lorraine K. Boast Research Associate, Cheetah Conservation Botswana; Anne Schmidt-Küntzel, Assistant Director for Animal Health and Research, Cheetah Conservation Fund, Otjiwarongo, Namibia. Series Editor – Philip J. Nyhus Environmental Studies Program, Colby College, Waterville, ME, USA
CCF’s self-published books are high-quality, beautiful and informative. CCF’s Founder and Executive Director, Dr. Laurie Marker teamed-up with photographers and illustrators to create the publications below. These professionally bound books make great gifts and significant portion of the purchase prices goes to support Cheetah Conservation Fund!
Dr. Marker and Illustrator Jessie Jordan brought their knowledge and talent together to create Chewbaaka, a beautiful illustrated kids’ book about the life and legacy of CCF’s most famous cheetah ambassador. View sample pages
Cover price $18.95
with contiguous US shipping and handling: $21.95
with Alaska/Hawaii and international shipping and handling: $28.95
- full color illustrations, printed on recycled paper
- 28 pages in a landscape, soft-cover format
A Future for Cheetahs
Dr. Marker and noted wildlife photographer Suzi Eszterhas have teamed up to bring you the most intimate portrait yet of the world’s fastest land animal, the cheetah in their upcoming book, “A Future For Cheetahs”. For the first time, Dr. Marker shares the story of the cheetah’s race against extinction, illustrated with some of the rarest and most beautiful images yet of the wild cheetah. View sample pages.
Cover price: $45
with US shipping and handling: $49.95
with international shipping and handling: $67.95
- Glossy, full color images
- 208 pages in an attractive 10″ x 8″ hardcover format