Check this page often for updates and new events added to our tours.
- This event has passed.
Oakland Zoo Lecture
September 18, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Join Dr. Laurie Marker, Founder of the Cheetah Conservation Fund, and renowned wildlife photographer, Suzi Eszterhas, for a special evening at Oakland Zoo. Dr. Marker has spent the last 40 years working to save Cheetahs and has written A Future for Cheetahs, with striking photography by Ms. Eszterhas, to present the problems facing the cheetah and the hope for its future. Come learn how humans and cheetahs can live in peace, and how we can all be part of saving the cheetah from extinction.
Thursday, September 18 from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Clorox Wildlife Theater at Oakland Zoo
Special Guests: Allyson Pielop Taylor will bring her Kangals (2 adult & 2 juvenile dogs) to meet the public.
- This venue is a beautiful, outside amphitheater, so please dress accordingly.
- Yummy environmentally-friendly treats and wine bar will be available
- Participate in a drawing for a beautiful cheetah photo
- This event is sponsored by Bishop ‘O Dowd High School
- Cheetah populations have plummeted from 100,000 to 10,000 in Africa in the last century, and the world’s fastest land mammal is facing extinction. Attending this event helps!
Program Fee: $12-$20 sliding scale and all proceeds benefit the Cheetah Conservation Fund.
No registration necessary and tickets available at the event
For more information
View event flyer
Contact: Conservation Director, Amy Gotliffe
Phone: 510 632-9525 x122